Tuesday, March 6, 2012

sew sew

For a while now I have been very keen to get a sewing machine. I have visions of me refashioning all my vintage finds, running up little gifts, and saving a fortune. After trawling loads of second-hand ads, I started looking at new machines and really love the Elna 2130. It seems really simple for a total beginner like me, even has a one step button hole doodad, etc.
But, of course, the bargain hunter in me didn't just go and buy it, nor did I stop trawling for a second hand machine. I always believe the best deal of my life is JUST around the next corner. Well, today I found a very vintage Elna Contessa online for a real bargain price. 


Now the questions.... I am so utterly ignorant that I can hardly say whether this is a good buy or even whether it is functional. Should I snap up the bargain and take it for a (possibly expensive) service only to find out it is no good? Shiny and new (so tempting) or bargain and vintage? I'm going to sleep on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment