Friday, September 7, 2012

15 minute garland

This week it's been 3 years since beloved asked me to marry him and I like to celebrate the day in a small, low-key way. So the night before I put this together, it really only took a few minutes and came out nicer than I expected. Here is a very quick how to in case you decide to make something similar.

I cut scraps of red cardboard I had into heart shapes. They weren't all the same.

I had this very cute gingham binding which I had bought for another project and then not used.

 I also used the binding to mark my scissors as one of my "crafternoon" friends has exactly the same ones.

 I used my beloved stamp set to do the lettering.

 And my beloved sewing machine to make it all come together.


Fold the binding in half so that you can put the heart shape inside and sew in a straight big stitch right over it.




The message said, "three years on and my answer is still yes"



No comments:

Post a Comment