Sunday, August 12, 2012

Quiet books

I am not sure whether my niece is too old for a quiet book (she's a very grown up 3 and a 1/2 year old) but I think I want to try making one anyway. For the uninitiated, quiet books are made of fabric and have activities on each page, or just interesting things to look at, to keep kids quiet when you need to. As they are made of fabric, even turning the pages is quiet. I heard of some people doing a very cool thing: let's say 6 of us each wanted to make a book, we would each make 6 of the same page, then each give each other one of our pages, and each end up with a 6 page book. I would imagine that it is easier (and cheaper) to make the same thing 6 times than 6 different things. I have found a million examples that I love:

This  butterfly page is just to freaking cute for words!
I think if I made one similar to this flower page (above) I would use the opportunity to practice buttonholes and make the flowers button on and off. That means there would also need to be a pocket for the flowers somewhere. 
The dressing theme ones are super cute and can be as simple as this
Or as complicated as this. I must say, I love the little clothes pegs in the one above!
The name done with press studs here is a great idea, and maybe more age appropriate for Maya
but does that mean that the artist's palette
the barn
and these awesome silly faces are out of the question?? I hope not!

1 comment:

  1. Tooooo cute!
    Love "mom's" conservative undies on the dress up page!

    ReplyDelete