Saturday, March 6, 2010

I heart junksale

So yesterday was the junksale @ deerhunter which is a very cool shop in Greenside, Johannesburg. When you walk over their threshold, you feel like you slipped on a banana peel and fell into your 80's fantasy toybox. Its all kinds of awesome. Once a month they invite other vintage dealers to sell outside their shop and make a little street market vibe. I think this is the best example of "co-opetition" that I have ever seen, invite people vying for the same customers and everyone benefits: customers and sellers! Yesterday was a slow-ish day, but I still sold a few beautiful bags and some vintage gloves which will make some faces very smiley. I bought a very cute brooch (Pic above) from a girl who handmakes very funky jewellery. I wish I had bought a black long sleeved dress, I will have to pop along to the shop on Monday and see whether it's still there. My friends and family (Sam and Maya, pic) also came by to say hi! All in all a fun day.

2 comments: